Seaton Tadeo
Sunday January 5, 2020 2:18 am 7lb.2oz
Born at Home
I have been hearing for years of the absolute joy of being a grandparent. The oft repeated quote--"If I had known grandchildren were this much fun I would have had them first!" has not been grasped--until now. Now--I gaze upon, snuggle, kiss and simply bask in the beauty of this sweet baby boy and I am completely undone and captured by this incredible life-changing experience.
Seaton's Grandad is completely "taken" by him also and I have enjoyed watching my husband relish moments of time with this fresh-from-God gift.
I feast eyes upon this treasure, remembering 27 years ago with my firstborn--Seaton's Daddy and I am so deeply grateful to be part of this new generational story.
How I enjoy watching these two grow into this new family. Never were there doubts of the wonderful parents they would be, but oh my, how fun and moving it is to see them mother and father their son. It is equally beautiful to observe my son care for his wife. I'm enraptured and grateful for it all.
Seaton Tadeo--
so well prayed over
perfectly and divinely created
I watch as you
stretch and squirm and rest tiny hands in all manner of poses
I listen as you
murmur and squeak and cry and sigh and yawn and
make countless facial expressions
When I am with you my "other" world ceases to exist
When I walk out the door to come home
i miss you already
you are a timely, gracious gift for this Nana's heart
Gift of God, precious child, miracle,
my little one.
Lay your head on my shoulder.
It seems that it was yesterday
that I held your father in my arms just this way.
You are a sweet blessing to
me, a tiny messenger of joy.
Welcome to this magnificent life.
May God grace you with all things that
are good and shield you from all harm.
May the bonds of our family be your
strength.
May our love be your comfort.
May our faith sustain you.
May God be
with you, now and always.
Amen.
Naomi Levy
(Grateful thanks to my cousin Lori for sending me this prayer)







No comments:
Post a Comment