Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Quiet Love

My mind has been disturbingly noisy of recent.  There are many and varied reasons why and I am doing my best to work on what is in my control.  Still, it is frustrating, disappointing, consuming and frightening at times.

And it's Christmas.  I especially dislike an unquiet mind when it's blazoned across the country that "it's the most wonderful time of the year."  I have spent far too many Christmas seasons in turmoil.

My girl is home for one glorious month.  Our family will be blessed to relax and enjoy each other throughout the holidays, and my Christmas preparations are slowing down...not speeding up. It's the perfect recipe for celebrating.  Yet my mind is racing.  That nebulous, empty, wild noise which comes far to close to the edge of mental and emotional torture.  I've been there before.  The welcome mat is packed away in some dark closet and there is no part of me that desires to ever see it again.

Last evening was dark.  Scary...opening up memories of days past.

And then God breaks through.  Often it is in the mundane that I hear His voice.  Last night it was with my hands in the dish water...."He will quiet you with His love..." were the words the Spirit whispered to the noise in my head. 

I've heard and read and recited Zephaniah 3:17 countless times over the years but this time it was those seven simple, but powerful words which touched me.  It's His love which hushes me, even if but for a moment."

Today is quieter and I'm filled with gratitude.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...