Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Resting Place


 
Inspired by a dear friend and fellow blogger, and with the creative desire to bring something fresh to this blog I am adding a new feature entitled "The Resting Place".  I plan to publish it on Saturday's.

It is no surprise that our days are often busier than we would like, more challenging than we had planned, or painful, confusing, wearying,etc.  Typically, we think of the weekend as a time to unwind, rest, and experience renewal.  I'm not sure this has been accomplished by Monday morning, but we do desire this.  As Christ followers, we are commanded to set an entire day aside for rest. Clearly, our Creator knew how desperately we would need this.

"The Resting Place" is designed to provide a moment or two of reflection, whether it be visual or literal. My prayer is that this place will be a blessing to many and perhaps even move you to set aside times for deeper rest and refreshment.

No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...