Monday, November 24, 2014

His Plan


"...I offer all I am,
for the mercy of your plan.
Help me be strong.
Help me be
Help me."
--Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)
Chris Eaton/Amy Grant

We can only surmise the journey Mary's heart was on
as the reality of her interrupted life took hold.

It couldn't have been easy,
yet there's no indication from scripture
that she complained, protested or in any way desired to shirk God's ask of her.

But rather...
pondering, praising, surrendering,
and offering herself
"for the mercy of His plan."

I fall far short of a like comparison,
yet I too have faced my own life- interruptions--
forever changing the landscape
I had planned.

And yes,
much pondering, praising and surrendering
was going on in my heart

But an equal, if not more amount of
questions, despair, confusion, even anger
was woven throughout.

My own heart's journey
was not the nice and tidy portrayal
that was Mary's.

God, in His mercy
chooses each of us
for a plan beyond our comprehension.

Our willingness to lay ourselves on the altar of surrender is key.
I continue to grow in my own understanding of "the mercy of His plan",
to acknowledge His sovereign ways,
and His perfect love for me.
 

How has God interrupted your life?

How is He interrupting it...
even today?

"...I offer all I am,
for the mercy of Your plan
Help me be strong
Help me be
Help me."


No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...