Still
enough to hear the leaves
rustle with the wind
the birds sing their endless
collage of melodies
Still
enough to gaze on a
candle's flickering dance
the patchwork colors of blankets
keeping me warm
Still
enough to be quiet in His presence
listening, waiting, wondering
the Mystery
Thankful wave upon wave-crashing gratitude
for blessings
and goodness
and heaping bounty
Still
July 21/13
Still
is what marked our first five days at Eden last week.
After that the cottage grew in population by 3 lovely teenage ladies:)
I have been basking in the stillness of just Brian and I
at the cottage
but I also delight in my daughter's arrival with friends in tow
It does change everything though
And now that we are home again--
and I love being home
I have to choose stillness
in my soul
in my mind
because "life" is
sometimes busy, sometimes complicated, sometimes stress-laden
I don't like it when I wear the effects of all of the above
I don't like that adding people to the cottage
changes my insides
or that the ups and downs of life at times churn my inner being
Why can't I just be still?
No comments:
Post a Comment