"Crucible:
A place or set of circumstances
where people or things
are subjected to forces that test them
and often make them change."
Encarta World English Dictionary (North American Edition)
This is where I have been these past weeks.
In the Crucible.
I can't say it has been enjoyable by any stretch
but it has been oh soooooo good for my soul.
I have come to realize that I often take up residence in the Crucible.
I allow myself to get into circumstances
namely caregiving
which tests me severely
and leads me into unhealthy living.
But I never change.
I continue to repeat the same scenario.
This time is different.
Thankfully.
I have been walking a path of soulful examination--
discovering more of why I do what I do
how I get "caught" in this trap
of over extending my limits
and what is the way to
a healthier way of living.
Ruth Haley Barton in her book
"Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership"
says this:
"...it is important for us to embrace spiritual transformation
as a process that is full of mystery...
God is the one who initiates and guides the process
and brings it to fruition.
The soul-full leader is appropriately humbled
by this realization and also relieved to not have to bear
the heavy weight of responsibility for changing herself or others.
The soul-full leader is faithful to the one thing he can do--
create the conditions that set us up for an encounter with God
in the places where we need it most."
I am encountering God in the places where I need Him most
It's a freeing place to be
No comments:
Post a Comment