Saturday, July 28, 2012

Eden and It's Interlude

If this picture casts a sun-kissed shadow of our time at Eden this past week, then I hardly need to say more.

The quiet, the stillness...restfulness. 

And though we only had 1 1/2 days alone, we reveled in a lot of living in those few hours.  Seemed like it was our gift since our days at the cottage several weeks ago were filled with sickness for me. 

But this time, I was well and mostly recovered from the busy pace of the wedding week...and still rejoicing.

Our brief interlude was a trip back "home" to spend at day with Cam and Sonya and her family...worshiping together, enjoying a meal, and being privy to the newlyweds opening up wedding gifts at their new home.



Good old Pyrex:)


Hand-made by Cam's Aunt Tania


He's a married man and yes...wearing a lovely flower, but he's still "my boy" :)

World map from Sonya's sister Jess...traveling is in their blood

The happy campers posing with their gear
We returned to Eden Sunday evening with Ashley which held a blessing all its own.  We are thankful that our now 17 year old will spend 5 days with her parents at the cottage despite having no friends able to join her.  Her surprise gift was having her cousin and friend show up late Wednesday evening...throwing stones on our roof to alert us to their arrival.  WHAT FUN...for these three as they spent the next 22 hours reveling in cottage life.

And now we are back home and I am grateful for this too.  I love Eden and I love my home.  God is present at both.  My last few days at Eden held more of a sombre feel, as He revealed some empty places in my soul...places He longs to fill.  Now here at home, I have much soul work to pour myself into.

"Come my Shepherd and guide this journey."


No comments:

One day it's summer and the next, autumn is in the air.  It will continue like this for a good month yet, at least the summer lovers sur...