This will be the final part of "Out of the Mouths of Babes"
Ashley said she hopes I don't die until "you have wrinkles all over and you're ugly, and VERY elderly." (Age 9)
This was a conversation with Brian's parents. He was making a tongue and cheek comment saying, "We learned something new--Cameron is never wrong."
Without skipping a beat, Cam said, "You finally figured it out--and you've spent so much time reading all those books." (Age 12)
A quote from Ashley: "Parents and their sense of humor dies every day--it's tragic." (Age 10)
"You don't have to hold back your tears for me, Mommy...I cry too...let it go." (Ashley...Age 10, the night before one of Brian's surgeries)
I had been talking with Ashley about how she had been somewhat mean to a neighbour girl.
She said, "Everybody makes mistakes."
I said, "I know...I'm just asking you to think more carefully."
She responded, "I'm not the only kid who's made someone eat dirt before!" (Age 10)
Following Cam's third blow-up since coming home from school, he came down from his room...put his arms around me, kissed me, and I said, "What am I going to do with you?"
His response: "Love me tender." (Age 14)
Four days prior to Cam and Brian leaving for Haiti.
I told Cam that I had cried during the time of commissioning that morning in church.
He smiled at me...gave me a long, big hug and said, "You did a good job of making me, Mom." (Age 16)
It seems rather appropriate to leave off here, since that same young man, now two years older, is in the Philippines by now. He left Thursday morning with a mission's team for a month long stay of ministry. I trust that he has arrived safely, and know for certain, that a God-sized adventure awaits him.
No comments:
Post a Comment